Established at the start of 2022, the Change Champions Network has been going from strength to strength. Initially established as a regular meeting to understand the role of a change agent (Change Champion) in assisting digital change needed for the roll out of Office 365, it has now developed into a focussed group which explores all aspects of digital change in an operational setting. While the sessions have become more diverse they retain the starting motto of ‘For Policing by Policing’.
There is a rotating Chair, with all Chairs already delivering digital change in their own force(s) and sessions are recorded and made available to the wider group to account for expected absence.
Sessions so far have featured:
- A series of case studies – looking at the approach to change delivery used in, Kent & Essex, City of London, Lancashire and the College of Policing
- Change strategy for change Agents – 2 sessions delivered by a change trainer
- Coaching and Mentoring Principles – delivered by an L&D professional
Still to come this year are sessions on:
- Teams in an operational context
- Sharepoint / One Drive Basic Over view
- The citizen developer
- Training resources for change agents
- Governance approaches
The Network currently has 73 members, with representation from 42 Home Office forces, the college of Policing and BTP but we are always looking to increase this further. Furthermore, with the recent inclusion of non-home office forces there is appetite to expand the network more broadly to other non home office forces.
If you would like to be involved, please get in touch via the Business Engagement team.